At least five people were dead and five more were missing in floods that rocked Turkey’s southern provinces, which are still recovering from the consequences of huge earthquakes on February 6.
At least four victims had been murdered and two firefighters were missing in Sanliurfa province, Governor Salih Ayhan said in a statement on Wednesday, according to Xinhua.
Floods swept away a container that served as a temporary home for a family of four in Adiyaman province.
“Unfortunately, we found the body of one of the four people. The search for three others continues,” Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu told reporters.
The two provinces were among 11 in Turkey and neighbouring Syria that were severely damaged by earthquakes that killed more than 55,700 people.
Tens of thousands of refugees have taken refuge in tents and shipping containers.